Among all the variables which determine a successful growing season, access to quality nutrients is perhaps the most important. Any experienced grower can tell the difference between an outdoor crop well sown in rich nutrients, and one grown in a medium that leaves the plant wanting for more. Here are 5 reasons why using Backcountry Blend’s outdoor feed program will help you get your best harvest to date!
1. Feeding is a breeze.
Not everyone who enjoys gardening has a particular desire to constantly feed their plants nutrients. A quick application of Backcountry Blend solves this issue for the laziest of us. You only need to apply the recommended dose of slow-release fertilizer every 3-4 weeks throughout the vegetative, flowering and ripening stages of plant life.
2. It provides a steady uptake of nutrients.
As a slow-release granular blend, Backcountry Blend will not overwhelm your plants with nutrients when it is applied to your outdoor grow. We’ve taken care to ensure the macro and micronutrients are evenly dispersed over the entire fertilizer range, allowing for better and more even absorption.
3. Don’t break the bank.
Unlike some of its liquid counterparts for outdoor grows, these granular products are made to be affordable, while still providing quality sourced nutrition like a healthy dose of micronutrients with every watering. BackCountry Blend’s outdoor feed program has a staggered application rate of about once a month; and so, depending on the size of your garden, a set of this blend could potentially be used and stored for several growing seasons.
4. Keeps pH at optimal levels.
Ensuring your grow media is within the optimal pH range is essential for the uptake of nutrients. BackCountry Blend is designed to neutralize acidic soils and prevent pH issues, such as nutrient deficiencies and lockout. Using Backcountry will bring most soils into the correct pH range.
5. Boost ensures a strong finish.
Flowering plants require large amounts of phosphorus and potassium to produce large, beautiful fruits that we growers strive for. Our Backcountry Blend Boost provides exactly that: a huge spike of PK to improve yields, floral development, and overall colour and aroma.
Check out our Resource Centre for more product information
- Dedicating your garden to a complete and well-rounded feeding program is a great way to ensure that your harvest is a cut above the rest. Not only do feeding programs contain the essentials for plant health and nutrition, but they
- Understanding the Parts of GreenPlanet Nutrients Base Fertilizer ProgramsWhether you garden in soil or hydroponics, choosing a plant food that fits your preferred method of growing can be as important as other factors that promote the maximum yield of a garden. For all of us looking for simpler
- Organic gardening is the process of enriching plants with naturally occurring materials, which at harvest time, arguably produce the cleanest and most unadulterated food and flower products available on the market. The practice of organic gardening, however, is not entirely